Our Dedication To The Promotion Of Responsible Gambling
Betting for the purpose of pleasure and entertainment while being fully aware of the risks involved is the definition of responsible gambling. Gambling with us should be seen more as a fun way to pass the time than as a way to make money on the side.
The decision to gamble is a personal one for each person, but it is our mission to provide you with the knowledge and tools you need to be able to control your gambling in a responsible manner so that it does not negatively impact your life or the lives of those around you.
Help is available for those who believe they may require assistance in managing their gambling, as well as for others who may be adversely affected by gambling in some way.
Problem Gambling Helpline 24/7
The Problem Gambling Helpline is a confidential telephone counseling and referral service that is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Calls to the Helpline for Problem Gambling are not only completely free but also won’t show up on your phone bill.
Anyone who is interested in gaining information about gambling-related issues and the best ways to address them can give the helpline a call. Those who call the Problem Gambling Helpline and express interest in receiving free professional counseling in person can also get assistance setting up an appointment for this service.
You can call the Problem Gambling Helpline to have an immediate conversation with a trained professional.
What Exactly Does It Mean to Gamble Responsibly?
Individuals are considered to be gambling responsibly when they are able to make educated decisions about how they will gamble. People are more likely to gamble responsibly in an environment that is regulated and where the risks associated with gambling are reduced to the lowest possible level. It takes the actions and ownership of individuals, communities, regulators, and the gambling industry as a whole in order to achieve socially acceptable gambling outcomes.
Individually, responsible gambling entails the following behaviors:
- They may gamble for pleasure and entertainment, but they are cognizant of the possibility of suffering a loss and are familiar with the dangers that are inherent in the activity.
- They have management of the gambling behavior that they engage in
- They are able to maintain a healthy balance between gambling and other aspects of their lives, and their gambling does not create difficulties for either themselves or others.
The larger community, including those who run online gambling sites, has a role to play in promoting responsible gambling in the following ways:
- The collective obligation to educate people about the dangers associated with gambling
- Creating and promoting environments that help prevent or reduce the occurrence of gambling problems
- Being sensitive to the concerns of the local community regarding gambling.
Gambling Help USA offers Individual Counseling Sessions Face to Face.
Gambling Help USA is a nonprofit organization that provides free face-to-face counseling to individuals, couples, and families who are impacted by problem gambling. It provides a safe space for people to talk about the impact gambling has on their lives and the opportunity to learn new ways to deal with the behavior, as well as a supportive environment in which to have these conversations. Gambling Help USA’s services include the following, among others:
- Face-to-face counseling that is both professional and confidential for individuals who have problems related to gambling
- Counseling services for individuals’ friends and family members who are concerned about their gambling behavior
- Counseling for financial issues that are caused by gambling in order to assist with these issues
- Education of the general public to assist communities in mitigating the adverse effects of gambling.